I am a firm believer in investing in really good basic ‘foundation’ underwear. Yes I adore the bold, bright, colourful designs on offer but everybody needs those solid staples in their underwear drawer that will give comfort and shape every day.
I’ve rounded up my top picks for different shapes to point you in the right direction. Smooth T-shirt styles are the obvious, amazing choice but they don’t work for everybody so I have alternative options too (all bras have a clickable link to buy because I’m all about giving you an easy life)
- Freya Idol is a moulded balcony bra, gorgeous round smooth shape starting at a 28 back and going up to a HH. I find Idol doesn’t work great on a FOT bust, it doesn’t sit deep enough between my boobs but otherwise it’s great on most other shapes. Alternative lower cut bra is Freya Deco.
- Rebecca by Fantasie is a slice of comfort heaven, made with spacer fabric it fits perfectly to your curves with a super smooth finish and great support. Rebecca can come up a bit small on the band so you might find sister sizing helpful here. Available in D-H cups.
- As the name suggests Curvy Kate Smoothie is a moulded bra with no seams, foam lined for comfort and shape and a ‘J’ hook converter to create a racer back. Balcony shape so really boosts an ’emptier’ bust. Available in D-H cups
- I adore the vintage look of Elomi Raquel bra. Full Cup, banded & with my favourite side support for great uplift and separation. Perfect for fuller busts if you can’t do a t-shirt style as its available in G-JJ; It’s also worth checking out Cate by Elomi too for an even smoother finish and broader size range.
- The padded Cherish bra by Pour Moi is perfect for smaller bust, smooth but with pretty details and really well padded to create a fuller appearance. Again I do find Pour Moi can come up a little snug so I would size up all over in this bra, cup sized D-G and starting at 30 band. As an alternative similar style in a smaller cup check out their Viva bra too.
With the right foundations everything else will fall into place so make sure you have your basics on point!
I favour a nude colour for my basics as it works under most clothing, white shows under white but nude disappears so I opt for a nude and a black in my foundation wear. It really is good to invest in some key pieces to build from.
Don’t forget if you purchase from Lazeme you can use the exclusive code: fairyboobmother and get 10% off too. (Excludes sale items)